03 February 2011

Bush Orchestra at Seaworks

BO members.
Another outstanding effort with a heap of pressure playing the Lancers. The dancers were impressed.
If you ask Bruce you will find that this one almost did him in. Once the acceptance happened, the involvement he had agreed to just escalated till we were straining at the seams. Radio performances for some and new and unheard tunes for others. Photoshoots in 40C heat, changes to programming, having to supply our own sound at the last minute, working with very precision oriented dancers, bleeding fingers, Alan Davies learning chords like crazy and me sending complicated missives which I changed on the day. All of you rose to the occasion and the whole night was excellent, particularly the bits where members had to busk along. Very gratifying for me anyway. Mike de Valle kept an impeccable tempo, and helped me through Cock of the North.
Our singers were able to cope with the difficult conditions. I like Neils' intro to I'll tell Me Ma, very creative!
The very nicest thing was that I felt I had your support all the way through...thanks!
Present: Mike de Valle , Bruce W, Bruce S Cathryn ,Chris H, Chris K, Kerry, Steve M, Dave I, Helen C, Greg O, Alistair M, Marilla, Llyn, Wendy, Alan D, Neil J, Maryanne, Danny O, Rob, Annette, Simon, Leonie.
Did I get you all?
I missed Rhonwyn and Mira and Christina and Julie.Who else? There may be others who will turn up on Monday.
Anyway very very well done !
Greg O'L

1 comment :

Leonie said...

It was a lot of fun. It is great to be able to jump back into the year with a few gigs.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search

Followers